One Michigan Ticket Wins $1.05 Billion Jackpot
One Ocean County Ticket Wins $1,000,000
TRENTON (Jan. 23, 2021) – One Michigan ticket matched all five of the five white balls and the Gold Mega Ball drawn winning the $1.05 billion Mega Millions jackpot. The estimated cash value was $776.6 million.
In New Jersey, there was one second-tier prizewinning ticket sold for the Friday, January 22, drawing that matched five of the five white balls drawn winning the $1,000,000 prize. The ticket was purchased at 7-Eleven #11027, 2075 Route 88, Brick in Ocean County.
There were ten third-tier prizewinning tickets sold that matched four of the five white balls and the gold ball winning $10,000. Those tickets were purchased at the following locations:
- Bergen County: Krauszer’s Food Store, 403 Midland Ave., Garfield;
- Burlington County: Wawa #8423, 76 Springside Rd., Westampton;
- Mercer County: 7-Eleven #27391, 1517 Pennington Ave., Ewing;
- Mercer County: Pennington Luk Oil LLC, 2558 Pennington Rd., Pennington;
- Middlesex County: Park Deli, 80 Raritan Ave., Highland Park;
- Monmouth County: Little Silver Family Pharmacy, 10 Church St., Little Silver;
- Morris County: Krauszer’s Food Store, 95 West Main St., Chester;
- Passaic County: 7-Eleven #11463, 356 Rifle Camp Rd., Woodland Park;
- Sussex County: 7-Eleven #37251, 63 Water St., Newton; and,
- Warren County: Mini Mart, 1312 US Highway 22 East, Phillipsburg.
In addition to the second and third-tier prizes won, 236 players matched four of the five white balls drawn making each ticket worth $500. 15 of those tickets were purchased with the Megaplier option, multiplying the prizes to $1,000. Moreover, 389,264 other New Jersey players took home $1,455,848 in prizes ranging from $2 to $400. The winning numbers for the Friday, January 22, drawing were: 04, 26, 42, 50, and 60. The Gold Mega Ball was 24, and the Megaplier Multiplier was 02.
The jackpot resets to $20 million for the next drawing on Tuesday, January 26, at 11:00 pm. All New Jersey Lottery Mega Millions tickets must be purchased before 10:45 pm to participate in the drawing. Mega Millions tickets cost just two dollars; by adding the Megaplier option for an extra dollar per play, players can increase their non-jackpot winnings up to five times. Mega Millions tickets are sold in 46 participating jurisdictions. Drawings are held on Tuesdays and Fridays.